3RD ANNUAL SKYWAY EPIC MOUNTAIN BIKE ENDURANCE RACE
SUNDAY MAY 18TH, 2014
The Skyway Epic is a Mountain Bike endurance race in the Talladega Ranger District of Alabama. The starting and finishing will happen on the Sylaward Trail at Lake Howard
in Sylacauga, Alabama.
Category First Last Name Team Time Place
MEN 50+ Hardwick Gregg Donohoo-Infinity Racing 5:02 1st
MEN 50+ ED MCCALLEY TEAM ED/BIKE ZOO 5:28 2nd
MEN 50+ John Stehens 5:38 3rd
MEN 50+ Paul Blanton Beef and Pie Productions 5:39 4th
MEN 50+ Jeffrey Haines GS Montagna Rosa DNF
MEN 50+ Robert McDonald Panama City Cycling DNS
WOMEN Paige Witherington Serenbe Farms 5:20 1st
WOMEN Michele Allgire Gearlink Racing Team 5:40 2nd
WOMEN Amanda Reid 6:22 3rd
WOMEN Joan Ardovina MG&G 7:39 4th
WOMEN Gretchen McElveen MG&G 7:39 4th
SINGLE Scott Staubach 4:16 1st
SINGLE Jonathan Robbins Cahaba Cycles 4:27 2nd
SINGLE Michael Balliet SmithLock 4:46 3rd
SINGLE Ryan Wall Bicycles ETC 4:49 4th
SINGLE Ryan Elrite 5:01 5th
SINGLE sam porter cahaba cycles- 5:02 6th
SINGLE Max Diaz 5:28 7th
SINGLE Ross Porter BiCi Coop Racing 5:48 8th
SINGLE Bradley Hood Mellow Mushroom 5:57 9th
SINGLE James Brock 5:57 9th
OPEN MEN Kyle Taylor Bikers Choice 4:08 1
OPEN MEN Brian Toone Friends of the Great Smokies 4:09 2
OPEN MEN Jamie Alexander Donohoo-Infinity Racing 4:11 3
OPEN MEN Jafer Beizer C Town Bikes 4:19:31 4
OPEN MEN John Sedgie Noewsom University of Alabama 4.19.33 5
OPEN MEN Jacob Tubbs Donohoo-Infinity Racing 4:36 6
OPEN MEN Dwayne Allgire Gearlink Racing Team 4:37 7
OPEN MEN Will Fyfe Brick Alley Bicycle 4:38 8
OPEN MEN Leonard Moon Team Momentum 4:39 9
OPEN MEN Eric Murphy 4:41 10
OPEN MEN Matt Simpson 4:54 11
OPEN MEN michael lackey Donohoo-Infinity Racing 5:00 12
OPEN MEN Philip Thompson Donohoo-Infinity Racing 05:05.2 13
OPEN MEN Justin Dansby Peachtree Bikes 5:05:55 14
OPEN MEN Wayne Price Drummond 5:09 15
OPEN MEN Paul Brannon Relentless 5:10 16
OPEN MEN Alan Barton Bici Coop Racing 5:13 17
OPEN MEN Travis Sherman Marx and Bensdorf 5:15 18
OPEN MEN Eddie Lindsey 5:18 19
OPEN MEN Brian Parker 41 Flyers 5:19 20
OPEN MEN Brian Roth High Point Racing 5:26 21
OPEN MEN Zachary Riggins Chasing Hardtail 5:26 22
OPEN MEN Thomas Swann BiCi Coop 5:27 23
OPEN MEN Randy Charles 5:29 24
OPEN MEN Ron Williams Man with a 14 month old 5:30 25
OPEN MEN Cleve Blackwell 5:31 26
OPEN MEN J.D. Vibert Brick Alley Bikes 5:35 27
OPEN MEN Pete Edmondson 5:36 28
OPEN MEN Bo Nolen ebox 5:58 29
OPEN MEN Jonathan Soto MG&G 6:03:48 30
OPEN MEN James Johnston 6:04:02 31
OPEN MEN Joseph Dennis 6:04 32
OPEN MEN chad hubbard NSAT 6:06 33
OPEN MEN Colin Martin Toyota forklift 6:12 34
OPEN MEN Felix Foret Bike Link Racing 6:14 35
OPEN MEN Sorrell Chew 6:14 36
OPEN MEN Michael OKelley 41 Flyers 6:17 37
OPEN MEN james hall DarkStar 6:22 38
OPEN MEN Michael McLean High Point Racing 6:22 39
OPEN MEN Tim Davis Chasing Hardtail 6:49 40
OPEN MEN David Levins 7:16 41
OPEN MEN Mike Garner TEAM CCR p/b DEBS Inc/Diamond Smiles 7:39 42
OPEN MEN Jeffrey Gahm Team Train Wreck DNF
OPEN MEN William Hereford DNF
OPEN MEN Tyler King DNF
OPEN MEN Christopher Olson DNF
OPEN MEN David Darden SmithLock DNS
RACE TIME: 8am Sunday May 19th
- Onsite registration will be open on Saturday night at the race site (Lake Howard) 4-7pm. Camping is available onsite and we will be cooking out Saturday night. We are asking for a $5 donation to COGS (the local mountain bike group that maintains the trails) if possible.
- Race morning registration will be open from 6am-7:30am.
- Race starts at 8am.
- You are allowed (1) one gallon drop bag. It must be at the registration table by 7:15am in order to make it to the turn around. Please do not use coolers unless you are willing to wait at the finish for the volunteers from the turn-around aid station to return.
- There will be (3) aid stations on course that will be stocked with cold water, Heed, Hammer gel, and bananas. The Heed will not be premixed.
- There will be ProGold chain lube at the aid stations. Otherwise, you are required to be mechanically self sufficient.
- There will be necklaces at the turnaround. They are big enough to go around your helmet, but not so big that they will be a problem. If you do not have your necklace at the finish, you will be a DNF.
- The majority of this race takes place on forest service roads and jeep trail which are OPEN TO TRAFFIC. Use your head when bombing into a blind corner. All of these roads are two way race traffic as well, keep that in mind. While there is no yellow line, act like there is.
- There will be food for racers and volunteers after the race.
- Podiums will be after the race so stick around and enjoy some food.
2nd ANNUAL SKYWAY EPIC MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE
SUNDAY MAY 19, 2013
SYLAWARD TRAILS AT LAKE HOWARD
The Skyway Epic is an endurance mountain bike race in the Talledega National Forest. The race will be 60ish miles long and feature enough climbing to satisfy a mountain goat, enough rolling forest service road to satisfy a roadie, enough crazy descending to scare the timid and satisfy the unstable. The race will begin and end on some of the finest flowy, grin-enducing singletrack in the southeast via the Sylaward trail.
SKYWAY EPIC RACE FLYER
$100 Day of Race
Open Men- 1st- $300 / 2nd- $200 / 3rd- $100
Open Women- 1st- $250 / 2nd- $100 / 3rd- $50
All other categories will receive great prizes from Cahaba Cycles (Camelbaks, Park Tools Work Stands, etc).
KOM & QOM Presented by Eddie Freyer State Farm & Bici Coop
$100 each for our Queen and King of the Mountain!